An understanding of the physics, physiology, equipment and environment is an integral part of this training, as is a thorough working knowledge of the Recreational Dive Planner. This course is best conducted through an internship program.
Take the first step in your dive career and become a PADI Divemaster.
Working closely with a PADI Instructor, you’ll expand your dive knowledge and hone your skills as you become a dive professional. PADI Divemaster training develops your leadership abilities by training you to supervise dive activities and assist instructors with student divers.
What Can A PADI DiveMaster Do?
- Work at local dive centers, on live-aboard dive boats, yachts and at exotic resort locations
- Assist PADI Instructors with students
- Lead PADI Scuba Divers on guided dive tours
- Teach and certify PADI Skin Divers
- Teach PADI Discover Snorkeling programs
- Conduct PADI Scuba Review programs for certified divers
- Lead certified divers on Discover Local Diving experiences
- Teach Emergency First Response programs after successful completion of an Emergency First Response Instructorcourse.
What Do I Need To Start?
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or qualifying certification from another training organization
- PADI Rescue Diver certification or qualifying certification from another training organization.
- Medical clearance signed by a physician
- 20 logged dives
- 18 years old
What Will I Do To Become a PADI Divemaster?
- Learn dive leadership through classroom and independent study sessions
- Complete water skills and stamina exercises in confined and open water
- Training exercises to test organizational and problem solving abilities
- An internship or series of practical training exercises
How Long Will It Take To Become A PADI Divemaster?
- Two to Four weeks
What Course Materials Are Required?
The following materials are required unless they are unavailable in a language understood by the student diver.
- PADI Divemaster Manual*
- Recreational Dive Planner (RDP) – all three versions (Table, Wheel and eRDP including associated Instructions for Use booklets)
- The Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving
- Diving Knowledge Workbook
- Divemaster Slates
- Instructor Guides for the programs that may be conducted byPADI Divemasters. You may purchase these guides from Mad Fish Dive Centre or you may download PDF versions from thePADIMembers.com website:
- Discover Scuba Diving
- Discover Snorkeling/Skin Diver Course
- Scuba Review/Discover Local Diving
Other PADI Dive Courses offered at Mad Fish Dive Centre:
|PADI eLearning||PADI AOW Course|
|PADI DSD Course||PADI Rescue Diver|
|PADI OW Course||PADI Divemaster|
Fiji has the world’s most beautiful coral reefs. That’s why we made the IMAX® film, Coral Reef Adventure, here.
Howard & Michele Hall, underwater filmmakers and photographers
Comments are closed on this entry.